- Rode 33 miles in 2 hours and 30 mins and felt great. Awesome ride. Hills felt great, but as always recovery at the top of the hill is s … #
- Rode 8 miles in 1 hour and felt great. Last day of riding before the big trip on Saturday, so to make most of it I hit the hills. 8 mil … #
Today was the last day for me to ride before the big trip out to Palomar on Saturday. I didn’t have much time, so I just rode the hills around the house. Lots of 12-15% grades. I got to about 8 miles/1000 vertical feet, but my lungs really started to hurt from the cold air. It’s unfortunate because I really feel like I could’ve doubled my progress. That means that my endurance has really improved significantly. My strength still leaves something to be desired – the 15% hills feel like running into a wall – but I can push through without stopping. I can only hope Ross and William will hang with me.
This week is also the big part of the tuba tour, in terms of both distance and exposure. Tomorrow we drive up to Palo Alto for Tuesday’s presentation, then on Thursday we swing over to Berkeley. Friday morning is the drive back. It’s going to be fine. It’s going to be fine. It’s going to be fine. Maybe if I repeat that enough I’ll start to believe it…
To pile it on, this is also the week my family comes back from Greece. Poor Jacky has to handle that by herself while I’m away. She’ll be alright, but it’s still going to suck. There are going to have to be some serious ground rules established for the coming months. Who knows, they might read this at some point, so… Ughers!
- okay, so now i have to actually write the paper i proposed.. #
- wow, inadvertently misleading your students really sucks. #
- engaged in a generally futile effort of trying to force derrida into my brain #
- nothing like cooking up a fresh batch of torillas with guacamole to start off the day. #
- Rode 37 miles in 3 hours and felt good. Shitty day, but good ride. Did Torrey Pines park hill for a nice, scenic end. Nice. #
- Rode 30 miles in 2 hours and 30 minutes and felt good. Very good ride with William. Good hills, only got totally trashed toward the end … #